Great news! We will be participating in the 2010 Route 66 Half Marathon on November 21! The race will be in Tulsa OK , about 3 hours from here. We heard about it from one of my dad’s co-workers. This will be our first half with pace groups and if my mom sticks with the 2 hour group she will make it for sure. I think I will try to stay with the 1:45 pace group for as long as I can. We will be doing a run/bike event this weekend. We will start a 25 mile bike ride at 7:30 and then a 10k at 9:30. The whole race will be on McConnell Air Force Base so you have to be military to participate. Then next week, on October 30th, we will be participating in a Halloween 5k. (They also have a 1 mile run for kids. My younger sister is going to participate in it.) We are so excited because we have not done a 5k for about a year! In this run you are encouraged to run in a costume for Halloween! I am going to be a clown! We have a few other fun 5k’s planed throughout the winter including the Resolution Run on New Years Eve were you can drink 8oz of beer at different points throughout the course (For people 21 and over of course!) We hope to have lots of fun.
Jacob...I really, really, really want to finish in under 2 hours.
ReplyDelete